01 July 2007

Learning to be Agile

Okay. I think she really did it this time! I think mama went way overboard today! Look what she brought home from Target:It's something called Agility equipment. She'd wanted me to get involved in something called Flyball when she first got me. But I'm still too afraid of bigger dogs and you have to be near bigger dogs to play Flyball. You do in competitive Agility, too, but she found a set at Target and thought, why not have me do this at home?
First, there's the "high jump" (set low to start).








The reason you don't see me jumping the bar in the second picture? I went around it on the other side! (I did eventually go over it, but mama couldn't take the picture and lure me over it with a treat at the same time!).

Next there are the bars. Mama lured me in and out of these, too, which is why I'm standing here: I was waiting to see where she would hold the treat next.
Then there's the "Sit Circle" as she calls it. As I get more practice, I'll sit in the middle. Maybe.
Finally there's the tunnel. This one I got the hang of right away (I crawled in one while she was setting it up!).

I can't wait until it cools off later this evening so I can try this Agility course again!

P.S. Mama says to keep checking back here because she created a slide show of our first year together! On June 23rd we celebrated our anniversary. But she's having trouble getting it on the blog so she's waiting for Donna to get back from the beach to help her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.