02 February 2008

The Dog WHAAAATT??

This is my tail on a normal, happy day:This is my tail when I'm either scared or forced to do something I don't want to do (usually because I'm scared of something).Mama took me to the park today. The one by the YMCA that has two adjacent enclosed off-leash areas. She knows how much I hate those dog runs. She usually isn't a big fan of them either. As soon as I am in sight of one, I either turn and pull away, or sit and pull away. Well, today, mama was MEAN. She PICKED ME UP (I hate being picked up) and CARRIED ME INTO THE SMALL-DOG RUN. Then she put me down. She said it's time I learn not to be so afraid. Before she could even get the leash off me, a Basenji had come up to sniff. I got scared and kinda snapped. Mama scolded me, and I backed away. Then mama unhooked the leash and guess what I did? I trotted along the fence to the other side from where the other dogs were! I was hoping to escape out the other end, but alas there was no gate. I was stuck.

She made me stay in there with her for a little bit. She tried to engage me in a game of toss the ball, but I didn't want to. A few dogs came up to me, but I was focused on the big dogs in the run next door. A little girl did come up to me, and I did let her pet me. And there was a baby cousin Cocker Spaniel in there, too. I had nothing to do with him until we left. Then I walked with him and his parents a little bit. And the basenji and his mom, too. I did okay with him once outside the run area.

I don't care what anyone says. I don't like these dog runs. I'm still scared of them. Guess which tail picture looks the way my tail did at the dog park today?

8 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Don't worry, I don't even get to go to the local dog park. Something about being to snarky with other dogs.

Holly

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Mack said...

Yeah - tough love sucks doesn't it?

Sugars,
Mack

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Poor Izzie! It's no fun being scared. I can't go to the dog park because I hump all the boy dogs. Dog Parks aren't for everypup.

Sherman

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Izzie,
I am like you.. I don't soclialise that well with other pups cos they stress me out!
Don't worry, if all else fails, tell your mom that you'll hang out with me (we'll each take a corner of the room)!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Bella the Boxer said...

Hiya Izzie, you aren't alone. I'm not a big fan of the dog park either. I do love my doggy daycare, though! All the dogs have to pass an entrance exam, so it's a well-behaved crowd. Maybe your Mom can find a good daycare place where you live?

xoxo - Bella

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Joe Stains said...

its ok you will learn to like the runs better each time you go. unless a greyhound bites the top of your ear off which is what happened to me at the dog run. BUT I still go!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Izzie said...

I dunno, Joe. Mama took me back to the same dog run the very next day. This time she brought my favorite ball. I stood in the corner and shook the whole time!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kapp pack said...

I feel your pain....I get like that around all kinds of new dog and people friends....mom and dad are helping me to work on that...

Puppy slurps, Canyon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.