11 October 2008

Look What the Mama Dragged In!


This is Leah. She is a Greyhound dog currently living at the kennels of Arizona Greyhound Rescue. They were doing a bit of an overhaul of their kennels and needed day fosters for the dogs not yet in foster care. Now, you all know how I feel about other dogs -- particularly big dogs.

I didn't know what hit me at first. Mama snuck in through the back gate, and I was sitting in the hall waiting for her to come in through the garage like she usuallly does. Then all of a sudden I heard the back screen door open so I ran into the kitchen to see this big, black dog! Boy did I bark. Mama ignored me, though, and let me sniff her through the screen. It took me a minute or two to stop barking and sniff, but I did. Mama said she was proud of me.

Still, my instincts were to bark. Mama would pet me when I stopped, and stop petting me when I started. But it wasn't too long before I got used to her. I sniffed her butt. A few minutes later I let her sniff mine. Before long, we were buddies. Well, as buddy-buddy as I get with any dog. Here are a few more pics of me and Leah.

Mama enjoyed her time with Leah. I survived it okay. I do have to admit: She's pretty!

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was nice of your mom to bring that doggie home for awhile! I can tell you are really NOT happy in that first picture. You look all calm and your regular cute self in the last one!

Barklove,
Rusty

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh, Izzie, as soon as I saw your new friend I thought of my Sophie immediately. It brought back SO many great memories and a tear or two. Me and Uncle Joe still miss her a lot after all these years.

Aunt Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.