31 October 2007

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go

Tonight was really, really, really weird. Mama dressed me up in my walking gear (harness and old-fashioned nylon leash, which she only uses when we go to the vet or the groomers), but didn't take me anywhere. She just gave the leash to grandpa to hold. Then all kinds of weird looking little people kept coming to the door and knocking, and ringing the doorbell, and yelling "Trick or Treat". Then mama would grab a bowl full of really, really, really good-smelling stuff, open the door, and give the little people the stuff in the bowl. This went on for over an HOUR. And she never did take me anywhere; just gave the leash to grandpa to hold while she opened the door. I don't get it.Perhaps I should just be happy she didn't take me to the vet or to the groomers.

2 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Ferndoggle said...

We have a bunch of punks in our neighborhood so Mom turns out all the lights & pretends she's not home. Fine by me...I like the dark.

Sherman

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Finnegan said...

I had the same thing happen too but I didn't have to wear a leash. Weird little people came to the door and mama and daddy gave them candy but they WOULD NOT GIVE IT TO ME! So not fair.

Woofs,
Finny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.