01 March 2008

Whew!

I haven't posted in a while cuz mama was "too busy". Harumph, is all I have to say. Although I do have to admit, she did look like she was working very hard.Do you see those two cans in the very back (one is in the corner behind the grill)? Those are filled to the brim with rock. See that green "carpet" under the grill? That was all rock. The very rock that is now in the cans. See, before last week, mama had this area blocked off with some fencing to keep me out. I kinda like trying to eat the rocks by the grill. I think stuff splatters when mama uses it, and makes the rocks taste good. But the fencing didn't work; I always found a way in.

So over the past 7 days, mama raked up, shoveled up, and swept up the rocks and put them in the cans. Today she put this green stuff down and now there aren't any rocks there to taste anymore. She says she wishes the green carpet was a bit wider, and that she maybe put some plywood under it to make it even, but she also said there was only so much expense she was going to put in to a rented house.

Here's what it looks like all done.Here's what I look like sitting on the finished project:See how nice I look? Aren't I sitting and staying really, really good? (Mama had to bribe me with a treat).

6 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Joe Stains said...

we love to lick the bricks under the grill, YUMO. your mom did a nice job!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Khady Lynn said...

I think that green stuff looks very nice. Much better than icky old hard blocks!!

Holly

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Mack said...

Wow, your momma worked really hard-I bet you helped though!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Bella the Boxer said...

That was a lot of hard work on your Mama's part! The green carpet looks like it's a comfy place to sit...better than rocks, I'll bet, but maybe not as tasty.

xoxo - Bella

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kirby said...

Wow, your Momma really worked hard! You should be so proud!! The backyard looks great. Love the picture of you with the finished product.

Your pal,
Kirby

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger i said...

It looks great! That sure is a lot of hard work for your mom there. But what great satisfaction, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.