11 November 2007

There's Something Happenin' Here

What it is ain't exactly clear. There's a dog lying inside the door. Blocked inside by a big baby gate.

Mama apologizes for this take on Buffalo Springrield's hit song For What It's Worth, written by Stephen Stills. But I couldn't help but come up with something that would explain why mama blocked me IN a room with the baby gate.
Usually she keeps me out of rooms with the doors closed and in the hallway with the big baby gate. Tonight she put me in the computer room with her and then blocked me (and herself, come to think of it) IN the room! She says it has something to do with me barking again. She says that I've taken to barking like mad every night from 6:30 on to bedtime and it's driving her crazy! It usually starts between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. when mama is watching tv.
She watches this weird show where people spin a big wheel and yell out letters. It's really weird: Every time someone guesses a right letter, the doorbell rings! And it IS my job to bark when the doorbell rings, isn't it? Mama tries to tell me it's the tv dinging, not the doorbell, but I don't believe it. So I bark. Only problem is, I often don't stop when the show's over.
The show wasn't on tonight, but I'm so used to the routine that started barking anyway. Mama got real fed up with my it and blocked me in the room with her so I couldn't get to the door to bark. (I barked anyway).

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger The Army of Four said...

Hiya Izzie! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Our bipeds use a kiddie gate for us, too - even though we can jump over it or push it open. Ha roo roo roo. We usually don't though.
Play bows,
Zim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter account login
Download a free hit counter here.